inca jungle trail to machu picchu
DAY 01: CUSCO – PISCACUCHO (KM 82) – AYAPATA
This tour begins with the pick up from your hotel between 04:00 am to 04:30 am.
We will go on our mobility to Piscacucho (km82), where we will have a breakfast that will be prepared by our cooks, after the delicious breakfast we will go to the first checkpoint of the Inca trail to begin this adventure.
The first 02 hours will be relatively easy, then we will continue with the uphill walk until we reach a main viewpoint from where we will appreciate Patallaqta, a spectacular archaeological center that was important in the time of the Incas. Continuing with the tour we will continue to Hatunchaca, where we will rest and taste the delicious lunch.
After eating we will go to Ayapata, which will be our camp and we will arrive at approximately 17:00 pm, here you can buy snacks, mineral water, rehydrating drinks, batteries, etc.
In this place there will be a presentation of the entire team (porters and cooks), likewise there will be tea time (Tea time), then you will rest until 19:00 pm, when dinner will be ready. Finally we will spend the night in this camp.
- Distance: 8.7 miles / 14 km (6-7 hours)
- Altitude of the camp: Ayapata 3300 meters above sea level / 10826 feet.
- Hiking level: Moderate day
- Climate: warm and windy
DAY 02: AYAPATA – ABRA WARMIWAÑUSKA – CHAQUICOCHA
This day your guide will be in charge of waking up very early in the morning offering you a hot coca tea that will be good to deal with the altitude. Then we will have enough time to taste breakfast and prepare to continue our adventure. We will walk about 04 hours uphill to the Abra Warmiwañuska which is the highest point of the Inca trail (4215 meters / 13829 feet). Here we will take a break and from this point we will have a panoramic view of the valleys and the majestic mountains that we travel.
After recovering energy, we will start the descent of about 01h30min. up to the Pacaymayo Alto Valley, where we will taste a delicious lunch. After lunch we will continue with the walk for approx. 02 hours. uphill to Abra Runkuracay and on the way we will visit an archaeological site. From this point we begin the last 02 hours of walking to Chaquicocha, the place that will be our camp. In this last descent we will appreciate one of the most impressive archaeological sites within the Inca trail called Sayacmarka.
At the end of this intense day we will have our happy hour and a delicious dinner that will be comforting for the next day.
- Distance: 9.94 miles / 16 km (8-9 hours)
- Altitude of the camp: 3600 meters above sea level – 11811 feet
- Hiking level: Demanding day
- Climate: cold and rainy
DAY 03: CHAQUICOCHA – PHUYUPATAMARKA – WIÑAYWAYNA
After having completed the 2nd day with satisfaction, we deserve a not so demanding day since we will only walk around 05 hours and we will have much more time to visit, explore and enjoy the archaeological sites.
After taking our delicious breakfast we will continue with this adventure for 2 hours approx. Gradual ascent until we reach Phuyupatamarca, a place that is a viewpoint from which we can appreciate the Machupicchu Mountain, there we will take impressive views of the panorama and the mountains that are part of the Peruvian Andes. Very close to this viewpoint we will find an archaeological site that has the same name Phuyupatamarca, this place is very surprising and here you will learn more about the history of the Incas.
After this explanation we will begin the descent for 2h30min to the next Intipata archaeological site, a place where we will take group photographs and appreciate the sacred river of the Incas “Rio Urubamba”. After a short break we will go to Wiñaywayna where we will have a delicious lunch, we will arrive at this camp around 1:00 pm.
after tasting lunch we will have enough time to rest, relax and take a nap for a considerable time, since then we will visit the third archaeological site called Wiñaywayna, the most spectacular place on the Inca Trail, where your guide will give you a detailed explanation of All the history of this magnificent place, you will have time to visit on your own and then we will return to the camp where we will have the last dinner, here we will hold a ceremony of gratitude and farewell with the porters and cooks for the great work they did during the Inca Trail .
It is advisable to go to rest early because the next day we will wake up very early to continue this adventure towards Machupicchu.
- Distance: 6.2 miles / 10 km (5 hours)
- Camp Altitude: 2,600 meters above sea level / 8,727 feet
- Hiking level: Moderate day
DAY 04: WIÑAYWAYNA – INTI PUNKU –MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
This day will be the most important of our adventure because we will visit one of the seven wonders of the modern world Machupicchu, we will start the day very early with awakening at 03:00 am, then we will have our breakfast at 4:00 am. Then we will wait at the checkpoint to be the first when the doors open at 05:30 am. To start our journey from Wiñaywayna to Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol), we will arrive at this place at 06:30 am approx. From here we will appreciate the first panoramic views and we will see Macupicchu in all its splendor.
Then we will continue our walk downhill until we reach Machupicchu where we will take our classic photographs, group photographs and we will have a better view of the panorama. Around 08:00 am we will arrive at the Machupicchu checkpoint where we will be able to use the toilets, hydrate ourselves to re-enter and start the guided tour.
we will carry out the guided tour for around two hours that will be led by our Professional Tourism Guide, there we will explore each of the sectors of this wonder and then you will have enough time to explore this place on your own. Visitors who have added tickets for the extra hikes “Montaña Huaynapicchu” or “Montaña Machupicchu” will do it on their own after the guided tour. According to the program you will return by bus to Aguas Calientes, have lunch, board the return train that will take you to the train station and then be transported by bus to your hotel in the city of Cusco.
- Distance: 3.7 miles / 06 km (02 hours)
- Machupicchu Altitude: 2,450 meters above sea level / 8038 feet
- Hiking level: Moderate day (Wake up at 03:30 a.m.)
Climate: hot and very humid
- Professional guide.
- Tour guide assistant (for groups of 09 or more people).
- Transfer 1st day (Cusco – Piscacucho km82).
- Transfer 4th day (Train station – Cusco).
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu.
- Return train ticket (Expedition – Peru Rail) or (Voyager Inca Rail).
- 04 breakfasts, 04 snacks, 03 lunches, 03 tea hours, 03 dinners.
- Boiled water
- Bus Tickets Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes (descent).
- Camping equipment (tents, dining tent, portable toilets).
- Canvas bag to carry 07 kilograms of your belongings.
- Regular matra
- Porters service – Andean Sherpas
- Oxygen tank
- First aid kit
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Entrance tickets for extra hikes “Huaynapicchu Mountain” or “Machupicchu Mountain” – Additional cost USD $ TO BE DEFINED.
- Travel insurance
- Extra expenses
- Sleeping bag (Rent – USD $ 25 extra cost)
- Inflatable Matra (Rent – USD $ 20 extra cost)
- Trekking poles (Rent – USD $ 15 extra cost)
- Extra Food
What to Wear
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Trekking backpack (size 25 liters).
- Canteens or Camel bag (1-2 liters).
- Trekking shoes
FOR THE CANVAS BAG:
- The porters will carry up to 7 kg of your personal items. This should include your regular sleeping bag and mat (if you bring / rent one). Of us these two items weigh 3.0 kg.
- Personal medication
- Quick dry polo shirts.
- Trekking pants.
- Warm jacket
- Rain jacket and pants
- Sun hat
- Waterproof gloves
- Comfortable camping shoes
- Rain poncho
- Quick drying towel.
- Portable Charger (you will not have access to electricity during the walk)
- Large plastic bags to organize dirty and clean clothes.
- Sleeping bag (we recommend -10C degrees centigrade)
- Facial moisturizer
- Insect repellent
- Gel alcohol
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet paper
INSIDE YOUR BACKPACKS:
NOTE: Backpacks can be any size for hiking, but we always recommend that the smaller the better. According to the current regulations of the Ministry of Culture, in Machupicchu the entry of backpacks of more than 25 liters is not allowed. If it is larger, you will need to store outside the doors of the curb.
- Sun hat
- Rain clothes
- Gel alcohol
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste.
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks
|NUMBER OF PASSENGERS||PRICE PER PERSON|
|*02 Pax||$ 879.00|
|*03 Pax||$ 799.00|
|*04 Pax||$ 719.00|
|*05 Pax||$ 669.00|
|*06 Pax||$ 649.00|
|*07 Pax||$ 629.00|